1711 Paul Martin Baron Eichler von Auritz buys the country estate Dennenlohe with its derelict 12th century castle and adjoining lake-land.
1734-50 He commissions Leopold Retti to design and build the castle.
1773 His successor sells the castle to Johann Graf von Fries from Vienna. The Baroque parterre in the pleasure garden is transformed into an English garden.
1802 The castle is sold again and becomes the property of the Count of Pappenheim. The orangery is rebuilt.
1825 Gottlieb Baron von Süsskind, a merchant banker from the South German town Augsburg, buys Dennenlohe.
1868 His son Albert builds the neo-Gothic chapel in Dennenlohe.
1980 Robert Baron von Süsskind, the present-day Baron, takes over the castle estate.
1990 The Rhododendron Park is laid out and opens for the public.
1994-98 All the castle buildings are renovated and the chapel get renovated.
1998-99 The Persian Garden is laid out.
2000 The amphitheatre is built and in the following years the islands in the Rhododendron Park are progressively planted.
2004 The Baroque farm buildings are renovated in the record time of just four months.
2006 After a three year waiting process, the permission to build the landscape garden is finally granted. The project can now get started!